Updated: 20 November 2018
This policy applies to personal information that Free Accounting Pty Ltd collects. Free Accounting Pty Ltd collects personal information that is necessary for the provision of our products, services and website.
The type of personal information that Free Accounting Pty Ltd collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with us. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
Use Free Accounting Software, cloud or downloaded version; or
Engage us to provide accounting services;
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, Free Accounting Pty Ltd may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
If you use Free Accounting Software the types of personal information we may collect about you include:
* your name
* images of you
* your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
* your age and/or date of birth;
* details of products, services and software support we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
* information about your access and use of our website and/or software, including your IP address;
* any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
If you engage us to provide accounting services additional personal information is collected.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
We may collection, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
* to enable you to access and use our website and software, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
* to contact and communicate with you;
* for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
* for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website and software, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
* for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
* to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
* to consider your employment application.
Free Accounting Pty Ltd is a Chartered Accounting practice. As such Free Accounting Pty Ltd has established and maintained a system of quality control in accordance with the relevant Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board Limited (APESB) standard. As a result, our files may be subject to review as part of the quality control review program of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand which monitors compliance with professional standards by its members. If requested by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand your information may be made available under this program.
We may disclose information to:
* third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
* our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
* anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
* credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
* courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
* third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you;
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Free Accounting Software
ABN 38 111 951 645